Hospice of the Foothills offers a full array of special programs that bring quality of life to those needing advanced care. A variety of complementary therapies, used in conjunction with supportive care, are designed to facilitate stress reduction for patients and caregivers, and offer opportunities for joy and healing of psycho-social issues for patients and their families.
With each new volunteer that comes to us, we discover more skills and talents that may be of use to our patients and families. These include:
- Cosmetology (Hair Stylists)
- Pet Visitor Visits
- Errands (may include driving a patient or shopping for items)
- Celebrating special occasions
- Help with organizing paperwork
- Letter writing or journaling
- Meal preparation
- Patient or Family pet care
- Respite visits to relieve caregivers
- Friendly visits for companionship
- Caring Touch (Massage, Healing Touch, Reiki)
- Musicians (violin, guitar, flute, harp)
- Spiritual Care
Cosmetology and all Caring Touch therapies are done by certified volunteers only.