Making a Referral
Considering a referral to Hospice of the Foothills?
As a health care provider your focus is to keep your patients well and healthy throughout their entire lives. Inevitably, some of your patients’ will experience a life limiting illness. As their trusted health care provider, here are some helpful guidelines when considering a referral to Hospice of the Foothills.
How to make a referral to Hospice of the Foothills
Healthcare providers can make a referral to Hospice of the Foothills in the following ways:
- Call our intake supervisor at 530.272.5739
- Fax referral information to 530.272.0618
- Ask for a consult with our professional team.
Refer now by calling us at 530.272.5739.
Our hospice intake team can help answer your eligibility, referral, and billing questions.
To help get started Hospice of the Foothills recommends the following steps when discussing hospice care with your patient and their family:
- Establish an appropriate setting for discussion
- Ask the patient and family what they understand
- Find out what they expect will happen
- Discuss overall goals and how Hospice of the Foothills will help achieve them
- Respond to emotions
- Establish and implement the plan
Read the entire text of Dr. von Gunten’s article, “Discussing Hospice Care”, as it appeared in the Journal of Clinical Oncology.