How Your Gifts Help
“We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give”. — Winston Churchill
How Your Gift Helps Our Community
Thanks to generous support from our community, Hospice of the Foothills is the largest hospice program in our region and the area’s leading provider in end-of-life care. We are a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization dedicated solely to providing hospice and palliative care. We are not affiliated with any health care system and devote 100% of our human, financial and physical resources to being the community’s most comprehensive source for end-of-life care and information.
Why Community Support is Needed
The gap in the basic cost of providing hospice care and reimbursement by Medicare, MediCAL and most other health insurance plans continues to widen. Some community programs and services for patients, families and the community are funded solely by private gifts. Examples are the community bereavement program and a supportive program for those who do not qualify for hospice. Furthermore, as “the community’s hospice,” we turn no one away due to inability to pay.
Services Made Possible with Your Gifts
Patients and families on our program report being universally satisfied with Hospice of the Foothills, which is due not only to the excellent care and support they receive but to the many additional services made possible through community support. These include:
- The region’s largest, specialized medical team dedicated solely to end-of-life care;
- Excellent staff-to-patient ratios
- Healing touch, music and pet therapy
- A Life Review program which helps patients and families realize end-of-life goals
- More than 70 highly trained patient care volunteers
- No cost bereavement services following the death of a loved one
Responding to the need for a broader understanding of the role of hospice care, Hospice of the Foothills is committed to educating healthcare professionals, public agencies, healthcare partners, and the community about end-of-life care.
Private donations help fund:
- The training we provide for healthcare providers already practicing in the community
- Staff education for area health agencies, nursing homes, hospitals and clinics
- Education to clergy and faith communities
- An annual forum highlighting a nationally known speaker to enlighten professionals and/or the community on topics related to end-of-life care
Thousands of people every year benefit from the services Hospice of the Foothills provides throughout the community.
- Bereavement Support Services to schools, churches and businesses as well as to individual community members, whether or not they’ve had a previous relationship with Hospice of the Foothills
- Special initiatives for underserved populations such as veterans and children who need – but often don’t access – hospice care
- Advance Care Planning assistance which provides support and resources for individuals in the community who want to express their end of life care wishes to others