Hospice of the Foothills offers community outreach programs to help educate individuals and groups on various topics surrounding end-of-life care considerations, caregiver resources, advanced healthcare decision making, and coping with grief and loss.
Program activities include speaking engagements, our Ambassador Program, personal tours of our Compassionate Care Home (one of the few supportive care, Medicare certified in-patient facilities in Northern California), educational workshops, information booths at health or community fairs, and other community events.
By educating the public about the programs and services we offer, it is our hope that everyone who can benefit from our programs and services will know about their options and have the ability to ask for our help, sooner rather than later.
Our Speakers Bureau consists of a professionally trained group of speakers who know how to deliver a meaningful message. Members of our Speakers Bureau are available to present at local organizations and businesses.
All presentations are tailored to the special interests or needs of the audience. Here are some topics to consider when thinking about what might interest your group:
- What is Hospice? The 10 Hospice Myths
- Pain and Symptom Management at the End of Life
- Knowing When It’s Time for Hospice Care
- Promoting Quality of Life at Every Stage of Life: Information about resources for chronic or seriously ill patients
- Healthcare Decision Making: Take Control of Your Healthcare Future
Support for Families and Friends
- Caring for the Entire Family
- How to Talk To/Support Dying Patients and Their Families
- Caring for the Caregiver
- Spirituality in End-of-Life Care
- How to Discuss End-of-Life Issues with Your Family
- Understanding Advance Directives (Living Wills and Durable Powers of Attorney)
- Community Resources for Patients and Their Families
Grief and Loss
- Understanding Grief
- Life After Loss
- How to Help Someone Who is Grieving
- Coping with Sudden Loss
- Coping with Grief During the Holidays
Presentations from Hospice of the Foothills are appropriate for any group, including:
- Civic and service groups
- Church groups
- School groups – high school and college
- Medical professionals
- Counseling professionals
- Social service agencies
For more information, or to have a Hospice of the Foothills representative address your group:
Become an Ambassador for Hospice of the Foothills. It’s a wonderful way to show your support for one of the largest community nonprofit organizations by spreading the word about the benefits of choosing Hospice of the Foothills for advanced care.
Tour our Compassionate Care Home
If you wish to sign up for a personally guided tour of the Compassionate Care Home, or if you simply need more information:
For More Information
For more information regarding Hospice of the Foothills community outreach programs including educational workshops, fairs, or community events: